Welcome to Nate’s Garage – your all-in-one hub for auto, bodywork, and machine expertise tailored for the hardworking diesel mechanic. At Nate’s, our success thrives on the robust relationships we've built with our diverse clients and the backbone of our operation—our valued employees.
Are you a Diesel Mechanic driven by a passion for the automotive industry and an unwavering commitment to exceptional customer service? Join our dynamic team and experience the opportunity to tackle an array of vehicles and equipment. At Nate’s Garage, we not only offer consistent work but also provide ongoing training to keep you ahead in this ever-evolving industry.
This role is responsible for:
- Maintains diesel equipment operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements
- Correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments; keeping records
- Performing adjustments and alignments
- Perform repairs and preventative maintenance
- Perform inspections, diagnosis, and repair of Electrical, Hydraulic, Suspension, Brake, and Air systems
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks
- Able to utilize vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes and assign repairs
- Conduct safety checks on vehicles and equipment
- Complete required paperwork and maintain records associated with repairs
- Work with a high degree of independence and with a high level of productivity
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with assigned customers and vendors.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Requirements for this position include
- 3 years experience
- High school diploma or GED and certification and training in diesel engine repair from a vocational school or a community college.
- Clean drivers record and reliable transportation
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Must have own tools
- Proficiency in using mobile devices, navigation of mobile applications and email to document repairs and communication and the ability to learn new platforms
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Enthusiastic team player
- Punctual, able to follow instructions, multi-task and apply initiative
- Positive attitude, safety consciousness, good instincts, and self-motivation
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to balance a variety of tasks
Salary: Up to $32 per hour
Due to the number of applications we receive, only qualified candidates will be contacted.